The new president of the United States may not be the most security-conscious president in modern history, but he seems to be making a conscious effort to keep his home safe.
On Thursday, The New York Times reported that Donald Trump had been briefed on his security plan by his security detail before he left for his weekend in Palm Beach, Florida.
It’s an interesting move considering that a number of his security aides have expressed concern about how Trump has handled security at his home.
The Times story says Trump has a team of private security professionals in charge of the security at the White House and that he has been asked to make some adjustments to the plan.
According to the Times, Trump’s team was also told that he would need to use a separate perimeter fence to secure his property and would be required to have a full security plan in place for any trip to Mar-a-Lago, where he resides.
While some of Trump’s staff have criticized the president for the size of his private security detail, a number have praised him for his plan to expand his security plans and have said that the new plan is more of a “game changer” than the previous one.
Trump has also said that he will have to make adjustments to his security strategy once he’s in the White Tower and he is able to make it more difficult for terrorists to infiltrate his properties.
The president, of course, will have access to security for his family as well.
It remains to be seen if the Trump administration will use his plan for his new residence to create a new security threat.
The White House has not responded to CNNMoney’s request for comment.